"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us...For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?...But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it."

- Romans 8:18-25

                   







ar

I AM 

 PORTFOLIO
 FACEBOOK
 TWITTER
 FLICKR
 FEED

 powered by : BLOGGER


since 06.03.04





- -Wednesday, May 05, 2010- -
Attitude for attitude

I went to Kaiser today for my second HPV shot. The first one was actually not planned (I went in initially for a flu shot and they convinced me of an HPV shot) and bruised my arm for two months. I didn't want to go back. My dad recently forced me to because he said it could save my life. Ovarian cancer, shoo!

I got the stink eye and a bunch of sarcastic laughs from the nurse because my first shot was in 2008 (you're recommended to take the second shot two months later). I just kind of sat there not knowing how to respond at her being 'annoyed' at me.

Then another nurse told her it was fine as long as it didn't exceed three years. Boo yah.

Afterwards, I went to Radio Shack to return an iPod nano case that didn't even fit my iPod nano. I wanted to be an informative customer and help the Radio Shack business... and so came about the following conversation:

Me: Just letting you know, this case didn't even fit my iPod nano. It fits lengthwise but the placement of the scroll wheel is off.
White Assistant Manager/Cashier: Oh, well maybe your nano is a different generation.
Me: (pulls out iPod nano from purse) Here it is. I recently bought it.
Cashier: (looks and fiddles with it) Is this a Chinese iPod?
Me: Uh, what is that supposed to mean?
Cashier: Is it a real iPod?
Me: Yes, it's a real iPod. I bought it at the Apple Store.
Cashier: Oh, well the case is probably for the 4th generation iPod, not the 5th generation.
Me: But on the packaging, it says it's "For the newest iPod nano."
Cashier: I guess it's outdated.

HOW DARE HE! Such a racist comment....

So hard to not return attitude with attitude in these situations. Oh, my flesh!

Janet posted @ 3:50:00 PM | 2 comments