"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us...For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?...But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it."

- Romans 8:18-25

                   







ar

I AM 

 PORTFOLIO
 FACEBOOK
 TWITTER
 FLICKR
 FEED

 powered by : BLOGGER


since 06.03.04





- -Sunday, February 27, 2011- -
Healthy and well

I've finally recovered from my first time having "pneumonia." That's what the doctor said, but she didn't give me a chest x-ray or anything. She took one listen at my lungs with her stethoscope and said, "I can't hear your left lung at all. You have pneumonia." Just like that. Well praise the Lord because she hooked me up with antibiotics and an inhaler and I felt so much better just the next day. I think that was one of the most miserable sicknesses I've ever had... drinking a combination of Nyquil and Robitussin daily, breathing with a humidifier in my face for hours, fever for days, and incessant coughing.

Some days I feel that because I'm a grad student, it is what I should do 24/7. Meaning that if I'm not doing something related to school, I feel guilty. Isn't that weird? But I think I've come to realize that I'm in BOSTON and I should really take opportunity to explore and realize that a part of this experience is being in a new environment. Today it snowed. By the way, I love snow and here's why:

1. There's a certain calm and quiet when outside.
2. The ground is full of "fresh powder" that makes a lovely crunch when stepped on with boots.
3. The trees look magical and straight out of Narnia.
4. I love being bundled up.

On to something random, but has been on my mind for quite a while. The dean of the School of Architecture and Planning at MIT looks like Edna Mode from The Incredibles. The head of the Department of Urban Studies and Planning looks like Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.




Janet posted @ 6:55:00 PM | 0 comments